The Planets – COVID 19 Marching Band Curriculum
Is your program planning on shelving your planned 2020 field production? Have you decided to perform at community events, state assessments, and football games only? Are you in need of a product created with the challenges of the 2020-21 school year in mind? Look no further!
This production was created intentionally to solve your needs for a field production paced, planned, and designed for you to serve your students and your community in these tough times.
Visual and musical design is paced to only be in full sections of the bands (brass, woodwinds, percussion – for much less exposure than a typical custom production!)
This production will time at 6 minutes when performed at full tempos. See below for more details!
- “Jupiter,” from The Planets by Gustav Holst
- “Mars,” from The Planets by Gustav Holst
Program Coordination by Jason Robb
Music Arrangements by Evan VanDoren
Percussion Arrangements by Andrew Markworth
Aesthetic Design available by Sarah Johnson
Guard Choreography by Jenifo Leseth
Wind & Percussion Choreography by Joshua Wendt
COVID19 Distance Learning Curriculum Package by Katherine VanDoren
- Clients will receive a PDF score and individual parts for winds and percussion from VanDoren-Music, LLC and Shadow Lake Music, LLC. All clients will also receive MainStage electronic samples files included in the music design purchase.
- J Robb Designs is offering a set of detailed visual notes (both an annotated score and excel spreadsheet of visual pacing instructions) for this production. The materials are instantly available for your current Drill Designer to create visual designs using these arrangements in a timely fashioned.
- All works listed are public domain and do not require any licensing prior to use of arrangements.
- A COVID19 Distance Learning Curriculum Package is also available. Created by Katherine VanDoren, Assistant Brass Caption Head of the Santa Clara Vanguard, this package includes 12 weeks of detailed musical and visual lesson pacing, show based exercises, show click track MP3s, and XML files to use with Smartmusic Assessment software. This is the ultimate tool for you to engage your students in times of virtual/distance learning.
- J Robb Designs has worked with Stuart Shulman (Integrated Effects, LLC) to create a socially distant (3.2-4 step) drill design plan for a custom drill solution that is safe for your program. Custom Drill Designs are available and all will be completed by Noah Bellamy, Andrew Ebert, Stuart Shulman, or Jason Robb. All designs are written with less than ideal rehearsal schedules/setups, socially distancing requirements, and irregular student attendance in mind.
- A Custom Choreography Package is available created by Jennifer Leseth (Guard Choreography) and Joshua Wendt (Wind/Percussion Choreography). All videos will be delivered with count sheets and detailed learning instructions. Students can learn and apply show choreography even in distance learning applications.
- Sarah Johnson, J Robb Designs primary graphic designer, has designed The Planets Aesthetic Package for this show for any program who wish to create a professional field aesthetic for this production. Files are available instantly for you to order Front Drops, Back Drops, and Flags for your fall 2020 production. Whether it be home football games or community performances, these aesthetics will get your group looking the part for your performances.